Last Thursday I went for the operation to have my wisdom teeth removed. The funny thing about this story is that the previous Thursday I intended to go to the dentist because of a mild tooth ache.
In one week’s time I had 5 cavities filled up and a bed booked in the Monte Vista Day Clinic. It turned out that the pain came from my wisdom teeth pressuring all the other teeth to MOVE. The bad part is that I actually waited quite a few years to go to the dentist because of my silly fear. I can now say that I really do have the friendliest dentist in the world. He is passionate about his work and aware of the patients needs and phobias.
So while I am typing this I am still sitting with an Ice Pack around my head and my mouth halfway open breathing like a special needs child. BUT there are a few things that made this past week bearable and I want to share them!
1. Family- They took their time to nurture, sympathize and make jelly and mash
2. Boyfriend- Even though he had no choice he watched series with me and rubbed my back and bought me the glamour.
3. Glamour: I see the Glamour as a mini treat in between all the jelly and drinking yogurt your mind craves a bit of soul and fashion food as well. This month’s Glamour really helped me take my mind of the aching!
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s- Since I have never watched this movie before, I could not think of a better time. I loved it!! I love the style and the attitude!
5. My friend Debre- Even though she has a lot of things going on in her life- she made time to come and visit me. Although she told me that I was looking the worst that I have ever looked, she said it with a comforting smile. Not only did her presence cheer me up but she brought a whole goodie bag with chocolate mousse and drinking yogurts and the Cleo magazine. Thanx Debre, you are the best!
6. At the times when I felt super alone and ugly my doggie Zoey was right by my side.
So I am not going to lie, I am really sick of mashed potatoes and drinking yogurt. I am not super swollen anymore but I am still not ready to face anyone since I can only manage to pull half a smile. Haha. But soon I will be ready to take on the cookie cupboard, soon my pretties.